Tuesday 13 May 2014

Budgeting and pricing up for exhibition

For my final major project i ended with 8 final images all square format, i now need to set a budget a price up the printing etc.

My budget for the whole exhibition printing, framing, a book, business cards etc is £200.

I have started by looking at DS Colour Labs.

For 8 14" by 14" poster prints it would come to around £46 which i thought was really good, i think the size would be just right.



I then looked at frames to fit this size photograph, the nearest i could find from Ikea was 50 by 50 cm which is around 36" by 36"obviously too large although i could use a white border around the edge. For my 8 images it would cost £160 just for framing and then the £46 for prints. 



Another option i have considered is acrylic blocks. On DS Colour labs they have Acrylic Panels 5mm or 10mm thick in a floating style which means they sit ever so slightly off the wall. These are expensive although as they are acrylic blocks you would not need frames. I have considered my options and feel it would be more beneficial and look aesthetically pleasing to have the acrylic panels so i plan to only print 4 out of my 8 images resulting in me paying £166 without needing frame. I also wouldn't be able to fit 8 16"x16" prints into the 4ft x 4ft space we have be allocated. 

I feel four 16"x16" acrylic panels will fit perfectly into the 4ft x 4ft space allocated along with the book i have made and my business and post cards. 






The postcards are being provided by the university so there is no cost there, and for 50 double sided colour business cards it should cost no less than £20, i also have ordered my book to go alongside my exhbition which cost £35 including delivery.

My total mock up has come to £221 only £21 above my target budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment