Tuesday 13 May 2014

Target 5: Ways of getting my work out there after graduation

I have started to look into ways of getting my work out there after graduation.

I have designed some business cards that i will have for people to take away at the exhibition so that they always have my contact details to hand.

Here are my designs:

This first design is using an image from my final major project, i really like the eye contact in the image it draws you in and gets your attention. I also tried out using a brighter colour on this design instead of black and white and i think its alternative but works well for a younger audience.

The following three designs are more sophisticated and suited to a wider audience. They too are simple but have all information needed and give the viewer an insight into my work. The most work i have recieved that has been freelance has been my event photography whether it be christenings, birthdays or weddings. These are not something i want to do full time but they pay well and are fun to do every now and then. I feel like i should design my business cards to cater to my event photography clients as these are the people who bring me the most freelance work. 





I have also designed some postcards to show at my exhibition, then all the visitors who attend can take one home and be reminded of my work. I plan to have a full page image on one side and my short artist statement on the reverse explaining about my project.


 Reverse of the postcard ^

Front of the postcard >




Social media plays a vital part in getting your work out there and the best part about it is that its free!

I have recently set up my own facebook and twitter pages dedicated to my photography, I now do not plan to have a career in photography, i plan to do event photography as a side line to bring in some extra money from time to time but for now i am happy working as Assistant Manager of the Photo Team at Sealife Manchester, there are opportunities to work my way up in the company (to Manager) and then possibly a training manager of a few venues or an operations manager, managing the whole of the venues in the north west for example. My next step after that will be doing a PGCE so i can teach photography at a sixth form/college level as i feel the teaching when i did my college course in photography was inadequate and i'd love to make a difference in at least one school in the quality of the photography course.

So, back on track, i will use the facebook and twitter pages to promote my work mainly for freelance event photography jobs for example weddings and christenings etc.

Facebook





Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment